Topic: xPC target serial communication time delay
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jul 12, 2012 4:46 PM

Gordon Weast

Re: xPC target serial communication time delay

This is most likely the UART interrupt delay. If you have the UART
configured to interrupt when the hardware fifo is half full, but you
only have a few characters coming in, the UART will still interrupt, but
only after a delay of 4 character times. This is a hardware issue in
the serial port chip (UART).

If you only have short messages, you can configure the UART to interrupt
after every character. You really don't want this if you have long
messages since it greatly increases the interrupt service overhead.

Gordon Weast
xPC Target Development
MathWorks