Replies: 1   Last Post: Jul 1, 2012 8:01 AM

Dave Bock

Re:[ap-calculus] Suggestions for AP Stats Books

Denise --

There are 4 texts you should consider, all written to target the AP Stats syllabus. They are:
Bock, Velleman, and DeVeaux, Stats: Modeling the World, 3rd Ed. (Addison-Wesley ISBN: 978-0-13-135959-8)
Peck, Olsen, and Devore, Introduction to Statistics and Data Analysis, 3rd Ed. (Duxbury ISBN: 978-0-495-11873-2)
Starnes, Yates, and Moore, The Practice of Statistics, 4th Ed. (Bedford, Freeman & Worth ISBN: 978-1-4292-4559-3)
Watkins, Sheaffer, and Cobb, Statistics in Action, 2nd Ed. (Key Curriculum Press ISBN: 978-1-55953-909-8)
Obviously, I have a personal favorite there, but I'd suggest you get examination copies of each and (if possible) have some of your students take a look at them.

AP Stats is a great course -- enjoy!
-- Dave

On Jul 1, 2012, at 3:00 AM, Denise Ring wrote:

> Subject: Suggestions for AP Stats Books
> From: "Denise Ring" <denise.ring@aquinasschools.org>
> Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 10:19:08 -0700
>
> I know its the wrong listserv but any suggestions for a good AP Stats book? We are looking at The Moore/McCabe/Craig Book, "Intro to the Practice of Statistics" or the Peck/Olsen/Devore,"Introduction to Statistics & Data Analysis." With tight budgets I hate to make a wrong decision!

====
Course related websites:
---
To unsubscribe click here: