Topic: Hi, does someone knows if there is a closed-form solution to this
dynamic system?

Replies: 2   Last Post: Jul 9, 2012 1:08 PM

A N Niel

Re: Hi, does someone knows if there is a closed-form solution to this dynamic system?

In article <b11c1178-ff5a-4e6d-8a33-a4e352af4b5c@googlegroups.com>,
Roger Wang <contact.yxwang@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I am a newcomer to this group and sorry to bother you. I have a problem
> which I hope can get some help. Here suppose X is a real lower triangular
> matrix of dimension n-by-n, and each element of X is a function of t. The
> dynamic system is given as follows: (X^T denotes the transpose operation of
> X)
>
> \frac{dX}{dt} = X^T*X - X*X^T = -[X, X^T]
>
> Does someone know if there is some literature about this dynamic system? I
> want to know if I could get a nice closed-form solution from this. Any help
> is appreciated!
>
> Thank you very much!

Can you do the 2x2 case?