Topic: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
Replies: 28   Last Post: Jul 26, 2012 3:32 AM

leigh pascoe

Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?

Le 18/07/2012 07:37, David Bailey a =C3=A9crit :
> On 15/07/2012 09:28, Ralph Dratman wrote:
>> David,
>>
>> "Troublesome" puts the matter rather tactfully.
>>
>> Bluntly, there is no excuse for a major product to display such a
>> level of instability in 2012.
>>
>> Since I personally like Mathematica so much, and because I use it
>> constantly, I find the crashes to be both an embarrassment and a
>> disappointment.
>>
>> I can only hope Wolfram Research will soon get its act together on
>> this critically important issue.
>>
>> Ralph
>>

> I broadly agree with that - and without my solution, I would find these
> hangs VERY frustrating!
>
> I think I can understand if hangs happen while user code is executing,
> but on occasions, this can happen for no obvious reasons - Mathematica
> is just starting up!
>
> I think it would be great if we could get a discussion of this at the
> forthcoming technology conference.
>
> David Bailey
> http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk

I would also agree with that. Mathematica seems to hang for no apparent
reason and the only solution is to kill the process and restart, often
losing work in progress. I posted a query about this several times on
the forum, but got no replies apart from someone who confirmed that they
experienced the same problem. It is difficult to contact Wolfram
technical help without a specific sequence that crashes the program.

Leigh

Date Subject Author
7/10/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
James Stein
7/11/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
John Fultz
7/12/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
Yves Klett
7/14/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
David Bailey
7/15/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
Alexey
7/15/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
Ralph Dratman
7/18/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
David Bailey
7/19/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
Michael Weyrauch
7/22/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
David Bailey
7/19/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
leigh pascoe
7/20/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
Bill Rowe
7/20/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
W. Craig Carter
7/20/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
James Stein
7/23/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
James Stein
7/23/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
George Woodrow III
7/23/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
Ralph Dratman
7/23/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
Michael Weyrauch
7/23/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
Ralph Dratman
7/25/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
Ralph Dratman
7/26/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
Yves Klett
7/11/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
James Stein
7/11/12
Read Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
Roland Franzius
7/12/12