Topic: Notation
Replies: 2   Last Post: Jul 12, 2012 9:52 AM

G. A. Edgar

Re: Notation

In article <Pine.NEB.4.64.1207112050300.18908@panix1.panix.com>,
William Elliot <marsh@panix.com> wrote:

> C(X,Y) = { f:X -> Y | f continuous.
>
> Is there notation for { f:X -> Y : f bounded }
> and { f:X -> Y : f uniformally continuous?
>
> Which is correct:
> Cb(X,Y) = { f:X -> Y | f continuous and bounded },
> C_b(X,Y) = { f:X -> Y | f continuous and bounded },
> C^b(X,Y) = { f:X -> Y | f continuous and bounded }?

In your paper, use whichever you prefer, but state what it is the first
time. I have seen both C_b and C^b, I believe. (Maybe the b would be
set in roman type, since it is not a variable...)

--
G. A. Edgar http://www.math.ohio-state.edu/~edgar/

Date Subject Author
7/11/12