Topic: Re: Position Announcement: Univ. of Alabama
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jul 13, 2012 6:47 AM

Paul A. Tanner III

Re: Position Announcement: Univ. of Alabama

This ethnic cleansing is actually just more of the joys of
monoculturalism, the philosophy that only one culture is to be allowed
to exist and all the violence that that implies, and not
multiculturalism, the philosophy that among other things teaches that
people of different cultures should not kill each other.

It's an obscenely stupid claim that Haim keeps making that the latter
causes such violence when it is actually the former that causes it.

The reader can see more of the truth by seeing the citations and links
at my post

"How and why multicultural tolerance is superior to monocultural intolerance"
http://mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?messageID=7840544&tstart=0

Some quotes - compare this remarkable wisdom below to Haim's
remarkably stupid claim:

"Chua charts each hyperpower's decline from the point when its leaders
stopped embracing diversity and started repressing part of the
population in the name of racial purity or religious orthodoxy.

"If the history of hyperpowers has shown anything, it is the danger of
xenophobic backlash," she writes. "Time and again, past world-dominant
powers have fallen precisely when their core groups turned intolerant,
reasserting their 'true' or 'pure' identity and adopting exclusionary
policies toward 'unassimilable' groups."