Topic: Statement of variable continuity
Replies: 118   Last Post: Dec 18, 2012 8:05 AM

Re: Statement of variable continuity

On Dec 8, 8:05 am, Timothy Sutter <a202...@mail.com-> wrote:
> > and speaking of green cheese, =IF= the martian surface
> > is really sterile and devoid of "organic" molecules;
> > this doesn't lend much support to a contention that
> > "organic" molecules rained down upon the earth
> > in meterorite showers.
> >http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/msl/index.html
> >http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/msl/multimedia/pia16572.html
> >http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/msl/news/msl20121203.html

> assignment: cakkalate the apparent size of hydrogen molecules
> to a [theoretcal] spaceship travelling 'near' light speed.
>
> -my- hypothesis is that, to the near lightspeed traveller,
> hydrogen molecules would seem to be as large as jupiter.
>
> cuz look, the claim is, that, for the lightspeed traveller,
>
> -its- 'length'/s    contract
>
> so, like, is a spaceship, the size of a football field
> was propelled to near the speed of light...
>
> spaceship diameter 100 meters
>
> L  =  L'(1-v^2/c^2)^1/2
>
> at very near speed of light...
>
> 299,792,458.00000 m/s  =  c
> 299,792,457.99850 m/s   = 99.9999999995%   c
>
> (1-v^2/c^2)^1/2
>
> c^2 =  89875517873681764.00000
>
> v^2 =  89875517872782386.62600225
>
> v^2/c^2 = 0.99999999998999307714408047313899
>
> 1 - v^2/c^2   = 1.0006922855919526861006095019524e-11
>
>  (1-v^2/c^2)^1/2   =  3.1633720704209814561631489705046e-6
>
> (1-v^2/c^2)^1/2   =  3.16337e-6   <===  [significant figure rounding]
>
> the diameter of the hydrogen molecule is taken to be 4.08 x 10^-10 m
>
> so, anyway, no , the hydrogen molecules would
> not appear to be the size of Jupiter, =but=
>
> quite possibly, your little spacecraft would
> be travelling through hydrogen molecule clusters that
> were virtually the size of the spacecraft and
> navigating through such a field of debris
> would be ...."dangerous?"
>
> i mean, if your craft smashed into a 'small' cluster
> of hydrogen molecules, your craft would be destroyed.
>
> and, quite possibly, the interstellar miasma
>
> if chock-full-o such clusters
>
> so, evel kneival couldn't get through such a demolition derby...
>
> so...light speed travel?

yes

Date Subject Author
7/13/12
Read Statement of variable continuity
m. m. m.
7/15/12
Read Re: Statement of variable continuity
Scott Berg
7/16/12
Read Re: Statement of variable continuity
Timothy Sutter
8/3/12
Read Re: Statement of variable continuity
m. m. m.
8/3/12
Read Re: Statement of variable continuity
Timothy Sutter
8/6/12
Read Re: Statement of variable continuity
8/6/12
Read Re: Statement of variable continuity
8/6/12
Read Re: Statement of variable continuity
Timothy Sutter
8/7/12
Read Re: Statement of variable continuity
m. m. m.
8/8/12
Read Re: Statement of variable continuity
Timothy Sutter
8/8/12
Read Re: Statement of variable continuity
Bacle H
8/8/12
Read Re: Statement of variable continuity
Timothy Sutter
8/9/12
Read Re: Statement of variable continuity
Timothy Sutter
8/9/12
Read Re: Statement of variable continuity
Timothy Sutter
8/9/12
Read Re: Statement of variable continuity
Timothy Sutter
8/9/12
Read Re: Statement of variable continuity
Timothy Sutter
8/9/12
Read Re: Statement of variable continuity
Bacle H
8/9/12
Read Re: Statement of variable continuity
m. m. m.
8/22/12
Read Re: Statement of variable continuity
Timothy Sutter
9/18/12
Read Re: Statement of variable continuity
Scott Berg
9/27/12
[...]
8/23/12
Read Re: Statement of variable continuity
Timothy Sutter
8/23/12
Read Re: Statement of variable continuity
Timothy Sutter
8/23/12
Read Re: Statement of variable continuity
Timothy Sutter
8/23/12
Read Re: Statement of variable continuity
Timothy Sutter
8/24/12
[...]
8/28/12
Read Re: Statement of variable continuity
Timothy Sutter
9/7/12
Read Re: Statement of variable continuity
Timothy Sutter
9/14/12
[...]
9/26/12
Read Re: Statement of variable continuity
Scott Berg
9/18/12
Read Re: Statement of variable continuity
Scott Berg
10/2/12
Read Re: Statement of variable continuity
m. m. m.
10/2/12
Read Re: Statement of variable continuity
Timothy Sutter
10/2/12
Read Re: Statement of variable continuity
Timothy Sutter
10/2/12
Read Re: Statement of variable continuity
Timothy Sutter
10/2/12
Read Re: Statement of variable continuity
Timothy Sutter
10/2/12
Read Re: Statement somthing else
Timothy Sutter
10/2/12
Read Re: Statement somthing else
Timothy Sutter
10/2/12
Read Re: Statement somthing else
Timothy Sutter
10/2/12
Read Re: Statement somthing else
Timothy Sutter
10/2/12
Read Re: Statement somthing else
Timothy Sutter
10/2/12
Read Re: Statement of variable continuity
m. m. m.
12/8/12
Read Re: Statement of variable continuity
Timothy Sutter
12/17/12
Read Re: Statement of variable continuity
12/18/12
[...]
8/25/12
[...]
8/26/12
Read Re: Statement of variable continuity
Timothy Sutter
8/26/12
Read Re: Statement of variable continuity
Marshall
8/26/12