Topic: Plotting: how does one reverse the time axis tick mark values?
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jul 19, 2012 3:50 AM

E. Martin-Serrano

Re: Plotting: how does one reverse the time axis tick mark values?

Something like this below will do the trick, producing forward and backward
scales over any range and the corresponding ticks.

I am forwarding James a picture with multiple bidirectional scales over
multiple magnitudes on the same x-y axes.

<<Presentations

Draw2D[
{Blue,
XTickLine[{0, 1, 1}, {-Rescale[2.5, {5, 0}],
0}, {-Rescale[2.5, {5, 0}], 0, .1}, 5,
XNumberFunction -> (NumberForm[#, {4, 1}] &),
XLabTickSpecs -> {0.015, 0, {AbsoluteThickness[2], Black}},
XUnLabTickSpecs -> {0.015, 0, {Gray}},
XTextSpecs -> {{0, 1}, {1, 0}, 0.01}],
Purple,
XTickLine[{0, 1, .8}, {Rescale[2.5, {5, 0}],
0}, {Rescale[2.5, {5, 0}], 0, -.1}, 5,
XNumberFunction -> (NumberForm[#, {4, 1}] &),
XLabTickSpecs -> {0.015, 0, {AbsoluteThickness[2], Black}},
XUnLabTickSpecs -> {0.015, 0, {Gray}},
XTextSpecs -> {{0, 1}, {1, 0}, 0.01}]
},
PlotRange -> {{-.3, 1.2}, {-.5, 1.1}},