Topic: morphological operation
Replies: 3   Last Post: Jul 25, 2012 10:42 AM

Luca

Re: morphological operation

"CRIS" wrote in message <jujir9$qc3$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hi ! what type of morphological operation can i used (if exists) to join all the pixels along a line in a image? I explain better: i have some pixel along a line (like a semicircle) but inside this line there are holes, so i want to eliminate these holes all in the way that the line becomes 'joined'
> thanks.

You can use "closure". A dilation followed by an erosion.
matlab has them built in.
Probably it's not the best for a line, it's better for solids, but it should work, provided your holes are not too big.

Try doing:
doc imdilate
doc imerode
(and also "doc imclose", which is only an imdilate followed by an imerode in a single line of command)