Topic: Solving two nonlinear equations with two unknowns in MATLAB
Replies: 9   Last Post: Aug 6, 2012 1:21 PM

Sargondjani

Re: Solving two nonlinear equations with two unknowns in MATLAB

Bilal <bilalcisco@googlemail.com> wrote in message <6b7c9e55-05a1-4e0e-959a-4200d35ff2e0@googlegroups.com>...
> On Tuesday, July 24, 2012 2:56:09 PM UTC+9, Sargondjani wrote:
> > 'result' is the function value that fzero tries to equalize to zero: tau=f(p) => tau-f(p)=0. that's it.
>
> Thank you for your reply. but it is still confusing for me. I have a problem with more than two nonlinear equations which I have to solve, but before I write matlab code for that I have to understand the above problem very well.
> Could you please explain it a little more as I am new to matlab.
> cheers
> --
> bilal

the solver tries to find the solution "result=0" and does so by adjusting tau. i dont know what you dont understand about that. so pls be more specific... do you want to know how the algorithm works?

by the way, to me it seems there is a one-to-one mapping between p and tau,which would make it a one variable problem... which shouldnt be to difficult for any solver to analyze.