Topic: Participation in Dissertation Research Study - PLEASE HELP!
Replies: 4   Last Post: Jul 24, 2012 3:25 PM

Meg Clemens

RE: Participation in Dissertation Research Study - PLEASE HELP!

Strangely, I can only answer the first two questions, surveymonkey keeps cycling back to the beginning. Problem with me or the website?

Meg Clemens

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org [mailto:owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org] On Behalf Of Heather Gould
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 2:23 PM
To: nyshsmath@mathforum.org
Subject: Participation in Dissertation Research Study - PLEASE HELP!

Hello everyone! I am a graduate student in the Program in Mathematics Education at Teachers College, Columbia University researching how teachers understand a specific topic within the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics. I'm recruiting practicing and prospective mathematics teachers of grades 7-12 in the United States or one of its territories.

The study consists of an online survey that usually takes about 10-15 minutes to complete.

Your participation in this study will help determine topics that need to be addressed in mathematics teacher education. The associated risks are minimal and information collected within the survey will remain anonymous. There will be no consequences for not participating in all or part of this study.

If you would like to know more information, please contact the Principal Investigator at heather.gould@tc.edu or the dissertation advisor, Dr. Bruce R. Vogeli, at brv2@columbia.edu.

To participate in the study, please go to tinyurl.com/MathModeling .

If you know anyone else who might be eligible to participate, please forward a copy of this message.

Thank you in advance for your valuable time, help, and input!

Heather Gould
PhD Candidate, Mathematics Education

Teachers College, Columbia University
Institutional Review Board