The Math Forum

Topic: binary search with arbitrary or random split
Replies: 17   Last Post: Jul 27, 2012 6:38 AM

pamela fluente

Re: binary search with arbitrary or random split

On Jul 26, 3:06 pm, Martin Brown <|||newspam...@nezumi.demon.co.uk>
wrote:

> Analysing the linear fixed split case :
>
>   k  :  N-k
>
> 1 < k <= N/2

This has already been promptly corrected several posts ago. Ben made
an insightful remark about that.
We are now dealing with a random splitting which is a function of n.
(This has also an intuitive meaning, as if it did not depend on n, we
would not be "dividing" anything.)

> Why did you delete the algebra that makes my meaning clear?

First of all, i can't delete your posts, and everyone can see them.
Second you have a rather peculiar idea of what "clear" means.