Topic: Printing messages in mpiLibConf.m
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jul 26, 2012 11:53 AM

Edric Ellis

Re: Printing messages in mpiLibConf.m

"Brock " <brockp@umich.edu> writes:

> We use mpiLibConf.m to override the MPI library used by the PCT to
> support our Infiniband network.
>
> Not all our nodes have infiniband so we added some logic to 'do the
> right thing' but we want to inform the user of this with some messages
> being printed.
>
> Because mpiLibConf is read at start up it does not print any messages, using
> disp() or error().
>
> Is there a way to inform users of the network selection taken?
> Thanks!

What sort of job are your users running? If it's a non-interactive
parallel job, you could put a 'jobStartup.m' on the path which displays
the required information - this is available in the tasks' command
window output property.

See <http://www.mathworks.co.uk/help/toolbox/distcomp/jobstartup.html>
for more on jobStartup.m.

Cheers,