Topic: Integrate Vedic Mathematics in NCERT textbooks, say experts
Replies: 3   Last Post: Aug 2, 2012 2:21 PM

Bacle H

Re: Vedic maths is a bunch of crap, say experts

On Sunday, July 29, 2012 6:44:50 PM UTC-7, porky_...@my-deja.com wrote:
> On Sunday, July 29, 2012 3:28:51 PM UTC-4, Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:
>

> > Integrate Vedic Mathematics in NCERT textbooks, say experts
>

> > PTI
>

> > IBN Live
>

> > July 25,2012
>

> > New Delhi, Jul 25 (PTI) To remove fear of mathematics
>

> > from the minds of students, there is need to integrate
>

> > Vedic system in NCERT textbooks as it is easier to learn
>

> > and can help develop competence among students, experts
>

> > said today. "Vedic Mathematics method is easier in
>

> > solving problems as compared to modern mathematics. There
>

> > is a need for integrating Vedic Mathematics with modern
>

> > mathematics which NCERT follows to develop competence
>

> > among students to solve mathematical problems faster than
>

> > computers and calculators," Atul Kothari, National
>

> > Secretary of Shiksha Sanskriti Utthan Nyas told
>

> > reporters. He said states like Madhya Pradesh,
>

> > Chhattisgarh, Punjab, Gujarat have adopted vedic
>

> > mathematics system. Some colleges of Delhi University and
>

> > IIT's have also adopted it. Countries like Canada and
>

> > Germany are following the Vedic Mathematics method as it
>

> > is easier to solve problems with it as compared to modern
>

> > mathematics. "Even NASA, and global universities like
>

> > Standford and Barkley are using it," he said. Prime
>

> > Minister Manmohan Singh has declared the Year 2012 as
>

> > "National Year Of Mathematics" as it is the 125th birth
>

> > anniversary of noted mathematician Srinivas Ramanujam.
>

> > "But government has not undertaken a single workshop to
>

> > promote 'Vedic Mathematics'," Kothari said. To remove
>

> > fear of mathematics from the student's mind and evolve
>

> > effective methods of teaching mathematics, the Shiksha
>

> > Sanskriti Utthan Nyas, is organising an three-day
>

> > workshop called 'Mathematical Movement'. "More than 60
>

> > schools from Delhi and NCR region would be participating
>

> > in the workshop," said Prabhakar Mishra, State
>

> > Coordinator, Vedic Mathematics. The Nyas would be
>

> > establishing 'Vedic Mathematics Research Centre' in
>

> > Ujjain, he said.
>

> > More at:
>

> > http://ibnlive.in.com/generalnewsfeed/news/integrate-vedic-mathematics-in-ncert-textbooks-say-experts/1027861.html
>

> > Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
>

> > Om Shanti
>

> > o o o
>

> > About the terrorist Goon Squad:
>

> > "Myself, Mallu. Yourself?" (V. Bhattathiri)
>

> > <KalluMallu123@gmail.com> tries his best to be a bully --
>

> > telling others what and when to post, where to post and
>

> > where not to post, deliberately publishing lies about
>

> > others, stalking and abusing them with hate speech -- but
>

> > fails miserably. He is really stressed out, and like his
>

> > lap dog Prem Thomas (who currently posts as "P. Rajah"
>

> > <user@this.com>, and issues *death threats* to people),
>

> > is priming himself for conditions such as stroke and
>

> > heart disease. Others in the Goon Squad include
>

> > Dayashankar M. Joshi "DMJoshi" <joshidm@gmail.com> who

> [...]

You're missing the point. This guy is a loser with nothing to aim for, so
s/he clings on desperately to the first half-baked garbage that makes her
feel good. Just like with loser plutonium, whose life has been one failure after another, lies to him/herself about atom stupidity, lest he has to
deal with himself, his life.