Topic: Mathematica as a New Approach to Teaching Maths
Replies: 8   Last Post: Aug 4, 2012 9:55 PM

Murray Eisenberg

Re: Mathematica as a New Approach to Teaching Maths

On 8/2/12 4:49 AM, Andrzej Kozlowski wrote:

> ...V. I. Arnold was an enthusiast of teaching Abel's theorem (on the
> impossibility of solving polynomial equations of degree 5 and higher) to
> high-school children and he produced a complete proof that starts from
> nothing and includes everything that needs to be known
>
> http://forums.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/2009/Apr/msg00639.html

The paperback edition of Arnold's book sells for about US $140, and a
scanned-pages e-book version for about $120. Yikes!

--
Murray Eisenberg murray@math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.