Topic: reading text file line by line
Replies: 10   Last Post: Aug 4, 2012 8:50 AM

Leyo Joseph

Re: reading text file line by line

TideMan <mulgor@gmail.com> wrote in message <09bd9d8f-818e-43d4-8a9d-1b14491f2a86@googlegroups.com>...
> On Saturday, August 4, 2012 7:03:27 AM UTC+12, Leyo Joseph wrote:
> > Hello,
> >

> > I have a big text file called data.txt. Would like to read this to Matlab.
> >
> > I am trying to do this with the following code==>
> >

> > KK=fopen('F:\commands\data.txt');
> >
> > A=fscanf(KK,'%s');
> >

> > This reads the whole content of data.txt to A without any line breaks or spaces. How to make it read line by line and keeping the spaces as in data.txt?
> >

> > Thanks
> >
> > Leyo

> A=fscanf(fid,'%c');

This method works...not exactly as I want.

my data.txt file is something like this==>

Reading the Power to input of Pre-Scaler

Block read from MERA3

Register Data

0x3028 0x0455920f

0x3029 0x0455964f

0x302a 0x0455950f

0x302b 0x0455910f

Is it possible to read in such a way that A(1,1) is the first whole line, A(1,2) is the second whole line so on...
Also is there a way to skip the read if a particular line is empty?
Thanks,
Leyo