Topic: Why no OSX SystemDialogInput["RecordSound"]?
Replies: 2   Last Post: Aug 5, 2012 3:02 PM

George Woodrow III

Re: Why no OSX SystemDialogInput["RecordSound"]?

Programs like iChat and FaceTime work just fine on Macs (to say nothing of Skype), so the basic functionality in the OS must be available.

I do know that the ktxt (?? sp.) that SnapzPro X uses to record audio for its product was broken in OS X 10.8, but they are working on a fix.

My guess is that there is no generic (Windows/Mac/Linux) solution.

I have spoke with the Wolfram developers in the last year about adding audio recording capability (to match the video capture of the built-in camera), and they indicated that they were working on it.

george