Re: Using gear with exter

From: garyl@mathworks.com (Gary Levenson)
In article <31C9072F.41C67EA6@itk.unit.no>,
Jostein Vada <vada@itk.unit.no> writes:

> How can I send a control signal to 'system' in the call to
> gear('system',tf) at the Matlab command line, (without making a block
> diagram in Simulink using a 'From-Workspace' block as control signal,
> and then saving this as 'system'). What I would like to be possible, is
> using a command like: [x,y,t]=gear('system', tf, u(t)).

Hi,

If you have a block diagram to describe the system, use an input port
to accept the input signal. This can then be passed in from the
command line:

gear('sfun',tf,x0,options,ut)

where ut can be a string or a table of values.

If you have equations which describe the system, it may be easier to
write an S-Function, which can then be called in the same way.

HTH,

-Gary

Gary Levenson gary@mathworks.com
The MathWorks, Inc. ph: 508 647-7000