Topic: Church/Mises vs Algorithmic Randomness
Replies: 1   Last Post: Aug 11, 2012 2:19 PM

Mok-Kong Shen

Re: Church/Mises vs Algorithmic Randomness

Am 11.08.2012 15:37, schrieb jonathan.l.bartlett@gmail.com:
[snip]
> It seems intuitively that Church/Mises randomness would be
> a small subset of Algorithmic randomness, but most of what
> I've read starts with the assumption that they are equivalent,
> or, in the case of one author, that algorithmic randomness is
> a subset of Church/Mises randomness.

Unfortunately I have no knowledge to answer your question. But
(1) Could you give the reference of the one author you mentioned above?
(2) It seems that from p.302-303 of the book of R. G. Downey and
D. R. Hirschfeldt you probably could go a step forward in finding the
answer.

M. K. Shen