Replies: 3   Last Post: Aug 12, 2012 9:43 PM

dennis roberts

Re: [ap-stat] Homework

NOTE:
This ap-stat EDG will be closing in the next few weeks. Please sign up for the new AP Statistics Teacher
Community Forum at https://apcommunity.collegeboard.org/getting-started and post messages there.
On 8/12/2012 11:52 AM, Deward Palmer wrote:

> My college Diff. Eq. professor had an interesting way of valuing
> homework. He made homework a very small percentage of the total
> grade; BUT, the homework questions WERE his test bank. So, if a
> student did their homework, the student had seen all the possible test
> questions. If the student chose to NOT do their homework, then their
> grade was minimumly affected, but the student did not have exposure to
> the test questions. This method also causes copying homework to be
> practically useless.

Sounds nifty but ... why not just pass around a list of all the numbers
of the selected book problems to be worked and simply say: " ... your
tests in class will come from these items" ... and be done with it.

Do you go over homework in class?

---
To unsubscribe click here: