Replies: 1   Last Post: Aug 12, 2012 9:59 PM

dennis roberts

Re: [ap-stat] Homework

NOTE:
This ap-stat EDG will be closing in the next few weeks. Please sign up for the new AP Statistics Teacher
Community Forum at https://apcommunity.collegeboard.org/getting-started and post messages there.
On 8/12/2012 9:45 PM, Paula Groves wrote:
> Interesting topic. This is my first year teaching AP Stat. What have
> teachers found to be the best approach:
>
> * Give HW that have have answers in the back of the book so you do
> not need to use classtime to review HW

Problem with this is that answers in the back of the book are usually
short ... and in many cases, the problems that the student has when
doing them are not to be found in the answers that are given.

Example: Problem might say ... What is the SD for the following set of
data ... and the answer might show approx. 3.6 ... but, if you didn't
get 3.6 ... I am not sure this is of much help.

---
To unsubscribe click here: