Topic: Re: Position Announcement: Univ. of Alabama
Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Position Announcement: Univ. of Alabama

Further mine of Aug 18, 2012 10:07 PM (copied below my signature):

It also seems that the panic, the frenzied rush here at railway stations of people from the northeast - all seems to be subsiding.

I went to Bangalore City railway station myself yesterday, spoke to several groups of northeasterners traveling on one of the trains, and they assured me that they were not traveling in panic at all - just going home normally for their vacation. They said there was no trouble at all at their localities, and they'd be back in just a couple of weeks.

There were quite a number of people (of all communities) who had rushed to the railway station to provide actual help and succour of various kinds to those they thought might be traveling in panic.

Doubtless, all of the above much to Haim's distress?

I for one am NOT sorry about ***any such distress*** caused to Haim, I'm afraid.

GSC