Replies: 2   Last Post: Aug 23, 2012 8:48 AM

Barbara De Roes

Re: [ap-calculus] scores

from Trevor Packer (top College Board exec for AP) via Twitter:
"Are too many students being rushed into calculus? Dr. Bressoud, of our math committee, has this point of view: http://ow.ly/d7UGI "

I don't know why people assume that few failing scores means the course is too restrictive.  So long as a senior is taking a calculus-track course, and only a handful of college-bound seniors are abstaining from math, then doesn't that mean the school is, in fact, doing a GOOD job preparing students for college math?

My school district is obsessed with quantity of AP exams, and is pleased with the "urban" campus getting 83% 1's, even when other (state and college) exams certify those students as NOT ready for college math.

Course related websites:
>To search the list archives for previous posts go to
>http://lyris.collegeboard.com/read/?forum=ap-calculus

====
Course related websites:
---