Topic: Are there infinitely many counter examples for the GoldBach Conjecture?
Is it possible to find that out?

Replies: 83   Last Post: Nov 10, 2012 10:07 AM

Ki Song

Re: Are there infinitely many counter examples for the GoldBach

On Friday, November 9, 2012 10:17:10 PM UTC-5, Nam Nguyen wrote:
> On 09/11/2012 4:26 PM, MoeBlee wrote:

> >> The problem is this question is illogical: since we don't know
>
> >> what that "a single counter-example" be, no valid conclusion
>
> >> could be drawn from there.
>

> > The question is clear enough.
>

> Of course the question is _not_ clear enough: it's still a
>
> _an possibility_ that there's _no counter example at all_ ,
>
> let alone "a single counter-example".

The question is perfectly clear, and what you are saying is not relevant to the validity of the question.

> > Suppose n is a counterexample to GC. Is there a method by which to
>
> > find an m such that m is not equal to n but m is also a counterexample
>
> > to GC?
>

> > That we don't know whether there exists a counterexample to GC does
>
> > not preclude that we can name a method that would produce an
>
> > additional counterexample to GC from any counterexample to GC that we
>
> > might, hypothetically, be given.
>

> Provided that there exists at least 1 counter example to begin with.
>

> The question is invalid because it's impossible to even know if
>
> it's logical to stipulate this "Provided that ..."!

Completely irrelevant.

Here's an analogy.

Let (y''')^5 + exp(y'' y') f(x) =0 be a differential equation, with some arbitrary function f.

Even without knowing whether this equation has a solution or not, we can say the following:

If h is a solution, then so is h+k for any constant k.

This statement makes perfect sense, even though there maybe no solution.

> --

> There is no remainder in the mathematics of infinity.
>

> NYOGEN SENZAKI

Date Subject Author
8/24/12
Read Are there infinitely many counter examples for the GoldBach Conjecture?
Is it possible to find that out?
namducnguyen
8/24/12
Read Re: Are there infinitely many counter examples for the GoldBach Conjecture? Is it possible to find that out?
Virgil
8/24/12
Read Re: Are there infinitely many counter examples for the GoldBach Conjecture?
Is it possible to find that out?
namducnguyen
8/24/12
Read Re: Are there infinitely many counter examples for the GoldBach Conjecture? Is it possible to find that out?
Virgil
8/24/12
Read Re: Are there infinitely many counter examples for the GoldBach Conjecture?
Is it possible to find that out?
namducnguyen
8/24/12
Read Re: Are there infinitely many counter examples for the GoldBach
Conjecture?Is it possible to find that out?
Frederick Williams
8/24/12
Read Re: Are there infinitely many counter examples for the GoldBach
Conjecture?Is it possible to find that out?
namducnguyen
8/24/12
Read Re: Are there infinitely many counter examples for the GoldBach
Conjecture?Is it possible to find that out?
Frederick Williams
8/24/12
Read Re: Are there infinitely many counter examples for the GoldBach
Conjecture?Is it possible to find that out?
namducnguyen
9/6/12
Read Re: Are there infinitely many counter examples for the GoldBach
Conjecture?Is it possible to find that out?
Frederick Williams
9/6/12
Read Re: Are there infinitely many counter examples for the GoldBach
Conjecture?Is it possible to find that out?
namducnguyen
9/24/12
Read Re: Are there infinitely many counter examples for the GoldBach
Conjecture? Is it possible to find that out?
Luis A. Rodriguez
8/24/12
Read Re: Are there infinitely many counter examples for the GoldBach
Conjecture? Is it possible to find that out?
amzoti
8/24/12
Read Re: Are there infinitely many counter examples for the GoldBach
Conjecture? Is it possible to find that out?
James Dow Allen
8/24/12
Read Re: Are there infinitely many counter examples for the GoldBach
Conjecture? Is it possible to find that out?
Rupert
8/24/12
Read Re: Are there infinitely many counter examples for the GoldBach
Conjecture?Is it possible to find that out?
Frederick Williams
8/24/12
Read Re: Are there infinitely many counter examples for the GoldBach
Conjecture?Is it possible to find that out?
namducnguyen
8/24/12
Read Re: Are there infinitely many counter examples for the GoldBach
Conjecture?Is it possible to find that out?
Frederick Williams
8/24/12
Read Re: Are there infinitely many counter examples for the GoldBach
Conjecture?Is it possible to find that out?
MoeBlee
8/24/12
Read Re: Are there infinitely many counter examples for the GoldBach Conjecture?Is
it possible to find that out?
namducnguyen
8/24/12
Read Re: Are there infinitely many counter examples for the GoldBach
Conjecture?Is it possible to find that out?
MoeBlee
8/24/12
Read Re: Are there infinitely many counter examples for the GoldBach Conjecture? Is it possible to find that out?
rossum
[...]
8/25/12
Read Re: Are there infinitely many counter examples for the GoldBach Conjecture?
Is it possible to find that out?
namducnguyen
8/25/12
Read Re: Are there infinitely many counter examples for the GoldBach
Conjecture? Is it possible to find that out?
Graham Cooper
8/25/12
Read Re: Are there infinitely many counter examples for the GoldBach
Conjecture?Is it possible to find that out?
Frederick Williams
8/27/12
Read Re: Are there infinitely many counter examples for the GoldBach
Conjecture? Is it possible to find that out?
MoeBlee
8/27/12
Read Re: Are there infinitely many counter examples for the GoldBach Conjecture?
Is it possible to find that out?
namducnguyen
8/28/12
Read Re: Are there infinitely many counter examples for the GoldBach
Conjecture?Is it possible to find that out?
Frederick Williams
8/25/12
Read Re: Are there infinitely many counter examples for the GoldBach
Conjecture?Is it possible to find that out?
Frederick Williams
8/26/12
[...]
Charlie-Boo
8/28/12
Read Re: Are there infinitely many counter examples for the GoldBach
Conjecture?Is it possible to find that out?
Frederick Williams
8/24/12
Read Re: Are there infinitely many counter examples for the GoldBach
Conjecture? Is it possible to find that out?
Paul
8/24/12
Read Re: Are there infinitely many counter examples for the GoldBach Conjecture? Is it possible to find that out?
quasi
11/8/12
Read Re: Are there infinitely many counter examples for the GoldBach Conjecture?
Is it possible to find that out?
namducnguyen
11/9/12
Read Re: Are there infinitely many counter examples for the GoldBach
Conjecture?Is it possible to find that out?
Frederick Williams
11/9/12
Read Re: Are there infinitely many counter examples for the GoldBach
Conjecture?Is it possible to find that out?
Frederick Williams
11/9/12
Read Re: Are there infinitely many counter examples for the GoldBach
Conjecture?Is it possible to find that out?
namducnguyen
11/10/12
[...]
9/18/12
Read Re: Are there infinitely many counter examples for the Goldbach
Conjecture? Is it possible to find that out?
Frederick Williams
10/1/12
Read Re: Are there infinitely many counter examples for the GoldBach
Conjecture? Is it possible to find that out?
Dissitra