Topic: Problems obtaining a free c compiler...
Replies: 2   Last Post: Aug 28, 2012 4:53 AM

Richard Palmer

Re: Problems obtaining a free c compiler...

Hi James.

I googled for free c compilers for windows 7 myself before I sent the note.
The links that I checked decided that what I really wanted was a c++
compiler. One of the sites was downloading viruses.

When I left the post, I had spend more than an hour looking by myself. As
you can see from my note, I rarely post and do not spend my time trying to
get others to do my work for me.

Thanks anyway.

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 12:07 AM, James Stein <mathgroup@stein.org> wrote:

> I googled for
> free C compiler
> and got more links than I could imagine investigating...
> On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 8:36 PM, Richard Palmer <rhpalmer@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> > .. Microsoft visual studio no longer contains a c compiler -- only a
> > compiler for c++. Is there a c compiler available that is free, works in
> > W7, and is straigntforward to download? I am having problems downloading
> > any of the other compilers referenced in the documentation (probably due

> > my ignorance regarding the downloading process). Alternately, can the
> > visualstudio c++ compiler be set to handle c code appropriately for
> > compiling in Mathematica to C.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for anyone knowing something.
> >
> > --
> > Richard Palmer
> >
> > Home 941 412 8828
> > Cell 508 982-7266