Topic: The Original Lair Paradox: A Formal Resolution in First-Order Logic
Replies: 240   Last Post: Sep 20, 2012 3:25 PM

rt servo

Re: The Original Lair Paradox: A Formal Resolution in First-Order
Logic

On 07/09/2012 11:53 AM, dilettante wrote:

> In fact, I offered two proofs: one by demonstration (the bet you shy
> away from), and another by your own proof method, which you snipped.
> I'll give the snipped proof again:
>
> Every sentence in this paragraph is false. Dan Cristensen's argument
> about the liar paradox is nonsense.
>
> And that is QED. By your own reasoning, the first sentence in the above
> paragraph can't be true, so the second one must be, since it is the only
> other one.

There is, of course, a third possibility: Since you could not possibly
have written the paragraph above(!), Dan Christensen never saw it. Hence
it is impossible for him to comment on a non-existing email.

(SCNR)

Date Subject Author
9/5/12
Read The Original Lair Paradox: A Formal Resolution in First-Order Logic
Dan Christensen
9/5/12
Read Re: The Original Lair Paradox: A Formal Resolution in First-Order Logic
Zaljohar@gmail.com
9/5/12
Read Re: The Original Lair Paradox: A Formal Resolution in First-Order Logic
Dan Christensen
9/6/12
Read Re: The Original Lair Paradox: A Formal Resolution in First-Order Logic
Zaljohar@gmail.com
9/6/12
Read Re: The Original Lair Paradox: A Formal Resolution in First-Order Logic
Rupert
9/6/12
Read Re: The Original Lair Paradox: A Formal Resolution in First-Order Logic
Dan Christensen
9/6/12
Read Re: The Original Lair Paradox: A Formal Resolution in First-Order Logic
Rupert
9/6/12
Read Re: The Original Lair Paradox: A Formal Resolution in First-Order Logic
Dan Christensen
9/6/12
Read Re: The Original Lair Paradox: A Formal Resolution in First-Order Logic
Rupert
9/6/12
Read Re: The Original Lair Paradox: A Formal Resolution in First-Order Logic
Dan Christensen
9/6/12
Read Re: The Original Lair Paradox: A Formal Resolution in First-Order Logic
dilettante
9/6/12
Read Re: The Original Lair Paradox: A Formal Resolution in First-Order Logic
Dan Christensen
9/6/12
Read Re: The Original Lair Paradox: A Formal Resolution in First-Order Logic
dilettante
9/6/12
Read Re: The Original Lair Paradox: A Formal Resolution in First-Order Logic
Dan Christensen
9/7/12
[...]
9/20/12
Read Re: The Original Lair Paradox: A Formal Resolution in First-Order Logic
adrian dogsbody
9/7/12
Read Re: The Original Lair Paradox: A Formal Resolution in First-Order
Logic
rt servo
9/19/12
[...]
Frederick Williams
9/7/12
[...]
Brian Q. Hutchings
9/8/12
Read Re: The Original Lair Paradox: A Formal Resolution in First-Order Logic
Rupert
9/8/12
Read Re: The Original Lair Paradox: A Formal Resolution in First-Order Logic
Dan Christensen
9/9/12
[...]
9/10/12
[...]
9/11/12
[...]
Read Re: The Original Lair Paradox: What about the original LIAR paradox?
Virgil
9/11/12
Read Re: The Original Liar Paradox: A Formal Resolution in First-Order Logic
Dan Christensen
9/11/12
Read Re: The Original Liar Paradox: A Formal Resolution in First-Order Logic
Frederick Williams
9/11/12
Read Re: The Original Liar Paradox: A Formal Resolution in First-Order Logic
Dan Christensen
9/12/12
Read Re: The Original Liar Paradox: A Formal Resolution in First-Order Logic
Frederick Williams
9/12/12
Read Re: The Original Liar Paradox: A Formal Resolution in First-Order Logic
Michael Stemper
9/12/12
[...]
Tim Little
9/11/12
[...]
9/13/12
Read Re: The Original Lair Paradox: A Formal Resolution in First-Order Logic
Rupert
9/13/12
Read Re: The Original Liar Paradox: A Formal Resolution in First-Order Logic
Dan Christensen
9/13/12
Read Re: The Original Liar Paradox: A Formal Resolution in First-Order Logic
Rupert
9/13/12
Read Re: The Original Liar Paradox: A Formal Resolution in First-Order Logic
Dan Christensen
9/13/12
Read Re: The Original Liar Paradox: A Formal Resolution in First-Order Logic
Rupert
9/13/12
Read Re: The Original Liar Paradox: A Formal Resolution in First-Order Logic
Dan Christensen
9/14/12
[...]
george
9/8/12
Read Re: The Original Lair Paradox: A Formal Resolution in First-Order Logic
Dan Christensen
9/8/12
Read Re: The Original Lair Paradox: A Formal Resolution in First-Order Logic
Zaljohar@gmail.com
9/8/12
Read Re: The Original Lair Paradox: A Formal Resolution in First-Order Logic
Dan Christensen
9/8/12
Read Re: The Original Lair Paradox: A Formal Resolution in First-Order
Logic
Peter Olcott
9/8/12
[...]
9/15/12