Topic: A new FrontEnd
Replies: 1   Last Post: Sep 6, 2012 4:15 AM

Christoph Lhotka

Re: A new FrontEnd

Dear community,

for me the actual Mathematica FrontEnd is one of the most
sophisticated user interfaces I have ever seen.

"It is one of the reasons that I use this software and not others."

An example how to build a funny ribbon-like interface in the FrontEnd:

myButton1 :=
Button["Click me!", $RandomRibbon = $RandomRibbon /.
i_Integer :> RandomRibbon]
myButton2 := Button["Reset me!", $RandomRibbon = RandomRibbon]
myButton3 :=
Button["Double me!", $RandomRibbon =
RandomChoice[{TabView, Row}][{$RandomRibbon, $RandomRibbon}]]
myButton :=
Column[RandomChoice[{myButton1, myButton2, myButton3},
RandomInteger[{1, 3}]]]
RandomRibbon :=
TabView[RandomInteger[{1, 3}, RandomInteger[{1, 3}]],
ImageSize -> Automatic]
$RandomRibbon = RandomRibbon;
Dynamic[$RandomRibbon /. i_Integer :> myButton]

Of course it has no real built in meaning...it is just for fun.

Christoph