Topic: Geometry Question
Replies: 7   Last Post: Sep 10, 2012 9:36 AM

Ryley David

RE: Geometry Question
att1.html (6.3 K)

Hi,

At Beacon HS, we do offer a 2-year algebra track. I would estimate about 70% of our population go into Regents geometry and the rest go into NR Geometry (or at least attempt it).

Dave Ryley
Beacon HS

From: owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org [mailto:owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org] On Behalf Of Leslie Tanner
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2012 8:23 AM
To: nyshsmath@mathforum.org
Subject: Geometry Question

Good Morning,

My department will be spending time looking at ways we can better prepare students for A2 with Trigonometry and have more students pass this exam. I would be happy to hear many of your answers to the following two questions.

1. Do general education students have the option to take a 2 year algebra course?
2. What percent of your student body takes geometry?

Currently we do not offer the 2 year algebra course to prepare our weaker general education students for future courses. They can pass the test due to the curve so the administration does not believe that this will help them. I am not sure if that is the case or not. We have them all take Geometry which means that in Geometry we are trying to improve these skills in algebra for many of the students.

I hope to hear back from many of you,
Leslie Tanner
York Central School