Topic: Solving this in mathematica?
Replies: 1   Last Post: Sep 13, 2012 3:43 AM

Scott Hemphill

Re: Solving this in mathematica?

Leon <leon.he88@gmail.com> writes:

[snip]

> and I am wondering if it is possible to solve the last line such that I have "r" as a function of "beta", satisfying
>
> Exp[Cbar - beta] Sum[(Pi^x) B[x, r], {x, 1, 1000}] = 1
>
> Because ultimately, I would need to integrate a function J[r] over "beta", so if I don't have "r" as a function of "beta", I don't know how to do the integration of J[r].

Since you can write

beta == Cbar + Log[Sum[...]]

why not do a change of variables and integrate over r instead?

Scott
--
Scott Hemphill hemphill@alumni.caltech.edu
"This isn't flying. This is falling, with style." -- Buzz Lightyear