Topic: Geometry Proof Question
Replies: 12   Last Post: Sep 13, 2012 5:25 PM

Kevin Connolly

From: Elmira, NY
Registered: 4/6/05
RE: Geometry Proof Question

proctor

________________________________
From: owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org [owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org] On Behalf Of TKENYON@crcs.wnyric.org [TKENYON@crcs.wnyric.org]
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2012 2:01 PM
To: nyshsmath@mathforum.org
Subject: Re: Geometry Proof Question

You may not proctor your own exams either.

-Tom Kenyon
CRCS Mathematics/Physics
tkenyon@crcs.wnyric.org<mailto:tkenyon@crcs.wnyric.org>

From: Bob Thomas
Sent by: owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org<mailto:owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org>
Date: 09/13/2012 09:15AM
Subject: Geometry Proof Question

While discussing the new curriculum and planning, we have a new teacher who has some different ways of completing proofs. We are wondering if anyone has seen them or would allow credit for it on the regents.

For example, she writes: (= means congruent)

//-> = <'s
for "parallel lines cut but a transversal form two congruent alternate interior angles"

or

= P = (triangle symbol) =
for "Corresponding parts of congruent triangles are congruent"

A couple of us are uncomfortable with these type of "reasons" on a proof and are curious, do you know if they would be given full credit and what your thoughts are. Thank you for your time.

------- End of Forwarded Message

*

BEGIN-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS

Teach CanIt if this mail (ID 02HWBfqoN) is spam:
Spam: http://milton1.wnyric.org/canit/b.php?i=02HWBfqoN&m=5478906ca402&t=20120913&c=s
Not spam: http://milton1.wnyric.org/canit/b.php?i=02HWBfqoN&m=5478906ca402&t=20120913&c=n
Forget vote: http://milton1.wnyric.org/canit/b.php?i=02HWBfqoN&m=5478906ca402&t=20120913&c=f
END-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS

******************************************************************* * To unsubscribe from this mailing list, email the message * "unsubscribe nyshsmath" to majordomo@mathforum.org<mailto:majordomo@mathforum.org> * * Read prior posts and download attachments from the web archives at * http://mathforum.org/kb/forum.jspa?forumIDg1 *******************************************************************

Spam<http://milton1.wnyric.org/canit/b.php?i=0lHWEhqPX&m=05531f801780&t=20120913&c=s>
Not spam<http://milton1.wnyric.org/canit/b.php?i=0lHWEhqPX&m=05531f801780&t=20120913&c=n>
Forget previous vote<http://milton1.wnyric.org/canit/b.php?i=0lHWEhqPX&m=05531f801780&t=20120913&c=f>
******************************************************************* * To unsubscribe from this mailing list, email the message * "unsubscribe nyshsmath" to majordomo@mathforum.org * * Read prior posts and download attachments from the web archives at * http://mathforum.org/kb/forum.jspa?forumIDg1 *******************************************************************
*