Topic: storing a vector within a while look and plotting it
Replies: 4   Last Post: Sep 18, 2012 5:10 PM

Matt

Re: storing a vector within a while look and plotting it

"someone" wrote in message <k37o5r$gja$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Matt" wrote in message <k37n44$clv$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > I have a while loop that keeps iterating until a certain value is within a certain error bound. The while loop runs 8 times and keeps overriding an old value with the new one as the result gets closer to the error bound that I have specified. What I'm trying to do is store every value that the function spits out to a vector so I can plot it.
> > I think that should make sense and I would really appreciate any help.

> % Something like this maybe:
>
> idx = 0;
> while result > errorBound
> % insert your code here that computes result
> idx = idx + 1;
> errorVector(idx) = result;
> end
>
> plot (errorVector)
>
> % Note: If possible you should preallocate errorVector.

I have this code.
while(1)
function goes here that produces 3 values for sol

idx=1;
vect(idx)=sol
idx=idx+1;

if sol~=0
my error function goes here
end

if err_ap <= .05 | iter >= maxit, break, end
end

I ran this code in command window and typed in in vect and it only spits out one value.