Topic: matlab 2012b hangs on Mac OS X
Replies: 23   Last Post: Sep 12, 2013 5:13 AM

Marc

Re: matlab 2012b hangs on Mac OS X

"Yair Altman" wrote in message <khqee2$hec$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Berk Ustun" <ustunb@mit.edu> wrote in message <khnv3f$1en$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > This issue is still present when using MATLAB 2013a with Mac OS X 10.8.2.
> >
> > I have tried implementing the fix suggested at http://www.mathworks.com/support/bugreports/870843. This works on occasion, but not consistently.
> >
> > In particular, the "doc save" works right after I run the fix and restart MATLAB, but not on subsequent restarts. Also, when "doc save" does work, the MATLAB dropdown menu disappears entirely (you can still see MATLAB on the Menu Bar, but nothing comes down when you click on it).
> >
> > I'm currenty in touch with Technical Support who have been super responsive. That said, I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same issues / has found a working fix.

> Add the relevant fix to your finish.m script file (http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/finish.html)
>
> R2013a: com.mathworks.mlwidgets.html.HtmlComponentFactory.setBrowserProperty('JxBrowser.BrowserType','Mozilla15');
> R2012b: com.mathworks.mlwidgets.html.HtmlComponentFactory.setDefaultType('HTMLRENDERER');
>
> This should solve the case of the reccurrence accross Matlab sessions.
>
> Yair Altman
> http://UndocumentedMatlab.com

This may not be helpful, but I cannot seem to reproduce your error with 2012b, Mac OS 10.8.2.

Personally, I have found the new GUI without X11 to be a very nice change for Mac....being forced to work with Windows at work. This version seems to be the most "fungible" to date.

Not saying perfect, I just thought a little positive feedback was needed.