Topic: Binary or Logical Selection : Given an array A and a binary or
logical vector S, how do I select the rows of A when S = 1 or True ?

Replies: 6   Last Post: Sep 24, 2012 5:42 AM

dr.beauwebber@googlemail.com

Re: Binary or Logical Selection : Given an array A and a binary or

On Saturday, 22 September 2012 23:33:54 UTC+1, Gordon Sande wrote:

> Let S be the set of indices you want. The you can talk about its
>
> entries as subscripted
>
> values. To get the rows of A you then needed subscripted subscripts.
>
> The question is where
>
> do you do the colapsing. S does the job!

Thanks - but how do I actually write this as a maths expression that will satisfy what the referee requires ?
I am afraid I am a physicist, not a mathematician ....
cheers,
Beau