Topic: Re: Calculus Position Statement - NCTM & MAA
Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
kirby urner

Re: Calculus Position Statement - NCTM & MAA

> Now I am thinking Hale Bopp.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascadia_(independence_mo
> vement)
>
> Bob Hansen
>
> On Apr 17, 2012, at 4:15 PM, kirby urner wrote:
>

> > Cascadia

Here's a link to a new movie 'Occupied Cascadia' which
was recently shown in a one of our commercial theaters
(Clinton Street):

http://vimeo.com/38078416

It will give you (& other readers) a better idea of how
Cascadians are viewing the Occupy movement.

On another note, there's a new exhibit on the history of
the 'race' concept at our local science museum (OMSI).
At the brew pub in my neighborhood, we had a lecture on
the topic in a packed theater (it's a pub-theater, you
probably have those too in sunny Florida?):

http://www.omsi.edu/node/3666

Lets just say that the two presenters are not really
"buying" the concept of race, but they're both avid
students of it (one a sociologist, the other a population
biologist, though with mostly non-humans a focus (moths
don't come in "races")).

I blogged about the talk here:
http://mybizmo.blogspot.com/2012/10/omsi-science-on-race.html
(pictures on the way)