Topic: Secure a subsystem block
Replies: 4   Last Post: Oct 11, 2012 8:18 PM

Paul

Re: Secure a subsystem block

"Phil Goddard" <phil@goddardconsulting.ca> wrote in message <k56gbo$3ao$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Not that I'm aware of.
>
> Phil.

FWIW, you can change the Read/Write permissions of a subsystem from ReadWrite to ReadOnly or NoReadOrWrite. But I've never understood this feature because any user can come along and change the permissions. Maybe it is useful if the subsystem resides in a library, but I don't see how. AFAIK, the library itself can't be protected, and even if it could a user could copy the library block and break the link and then get full access, unless a link to a protected library block can't be broken (I've not investigated this, but I'm doubtful)?

Paul