Topic: Dear Teacher, Johnny Isn’t Sick. He’s J
ust Boycotting the Test. - NYTimes.com

Replies: 6   Last Post: Oct 25, 2012 10:24 PM

Evan Romer

Re: Dear Teacher, Johnny Isn’t Sick. He’s J
ust Boycotting the Test. - NYTimes.com

att1.html (3.6 K)

The thought I had on reading this was: how can they give field test
questions in the fall? The students haven't been taught the whole
curriculum yet, so how can the field test results be valid? A
Pythagorean Theorem question may field test as a very hard question
simply because the students haven't learned that topic yet.

I suspect that the answer is that they need to have Common Core
questions for the April 2013 assessments, and they don't have enough
questions field-tested yet, so by God we're going to field test them
even though the results won't be valid.

Evan Romer
Susquehanna Valley HS
Conklin NY