Topic: Re: The Prime Directive
Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: The Prime Directive

> Paul A. Tanner, III Posted: Oct 18, 2012 12:12 PM
>

> >But you are on record as saying that reducing these
> gaps
> >is an admirable goal.
>
> Yes...and?
>
> Haim
> No representation without taxation.

And therefore, just shouting out "PUT THE EDUCATION MAFIA IN JAIL!" will not help to reduce he gaps, regardless how loud the shouting is. You don't have a hope on earth that you will be able to put the representatives of over 3 MMMMMMMMMillion teachers in jail - unless you demonstrate criminal wrong-doing on their part. You and others could, perhaps get elected as genuine representatives (instead of the 'wrongdoers' (if that is actually what they are) and convince those 3 MMMMMMMMMillion teachers of the right way to do things. That might help to reduce the gaps.

And therefore, just bellowing "BLOW UP THE SCHOOLS OF EDUCATION!" will not help to close the gap. There is no earthly hope that you will succeed in doing that. You and others like you could perhaps actually work to change the wrong way(s) the schools of education are functioning - THAT has some hope of success to reduce the gaps.

(There are a great many other 'And therefores' that we could discuss - if we were to use an effective means of discussion.

GSC
("Still Shoveling Away!" - with profound apologies to Barry Garelick for any tedium caused; and with the observation that all of this tedium could EASILY be avoided by the simple expedient of not opening any message purported to originate from GSC)