Topic: listing the mistakes of Cantor and his diagonal argument Chapt28
Summary, Review and Reminders #1210 Correcting Math 3rd ed

Replies: 154   Last Post: Nov 6, 2012 5:17 PM

netzweltler

From: Germany
Registered: 8/6/10
Re: Cantor destroys Probability theory Re: it is a bijection since it
is All Possible Digit Arrangements Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders
#1237 Correcting Math 3rd ed

On 2 Nov., 20:10, Archimedes Plutonium
<plutonium.archime...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]

> > .
> > 97
> > 98
> > 99

> > There are 100 such Naturals
>
> > How many Reals between 0 and 1 with All Possible Digit Arrangements
> > of 10 digits to 2 place value? The answer is 100 and for 3 place value
> > the answer is 1000 and for 4 place value the answer is 10^4.

> > So, since All Possible Digit Arrangements of Counting Numbers matches
> > All Possible Digit Arrangements of Reals, there is no room in either
> > Reals or Counting Numbers for Cantor nonsense.

> > 00 <==> .00
> > 01 <==> .1
> > 02 <==> .2
> > .
> > .
> > 09 <==> .9
> > 10 <==> .01
> > 11 <==> .11
> > .
> > .
> > 97 <==> .79
> > 98 <==> .89
> > 99 <==> .99
> > 100 <==> .001

> > Now I was too lazy to list them all, and listed just a few
> > representatives.

> > Anyway the proof is simple enough. If you want to do a Cantor fakery,
> > then you make lists which are never All Possible Digit Arrangements
> > and you end up with a conn-artist trick of thinking you have some new
> > Real not on the list which you purposely neglected to list all the
> > Reals.

> > A true proof would recognize the Reals are All Possible Digit
> > Arrangements as well as the Naturals are All Possible Digit
> > Arrangements

> > Proof: The Naturals are All Possible Digit Arrangements as well as the
> > Reals, since there is no gap or hole in either Reals or Naturals, one
> > can never produce a Real when bijecting the Naturals with Reals. There
> > are a total of 100 Naturals of 10 digits to 2 place value and there
> > are a total of 100 Reals of 10 digits to 2 place value, and there are
> > total of 1000 Reals of 10 digits to 3 place value and ditto for the
> > Naturals, hence the Reals are 1-1 Correspondence of Naturals.

> > Now as I noted earlier, if Cantor were correct, and he indeed is
> > false, but if he were correct, that would throw Probability theory off
> > tremendously, because there are numbers within the Reals, if Cantor
> > was correct for which we thought we had a Total Probability Universe
> > for, but did not because of what can be called the Cantor-Reals, the
> > fake Reals.

> > Now I wonder and do not know, why the mathematicians of Probability
> > theory never raised objection to Cantor diagonal, and can only guess
> > that they were suppressed by the stupid believers of the ZFC school.

> Sorry I forgot my signature block and added it to the original:
>
> Archimedes Plutonium ?http://www.iw.net/~a_plutonium?whole entire
> Universe is just one big atom ?where dots of the electron dot cloud

If this is the list of all possible digit arrangements of the naturals

1 <--> 10000...
2 <--> 01000...
3 <--> 11000...
4 <--> 00100...

then the diagonal is 00111..., a digit arrangement ending up in
infinitely many 1's. Since the digit arrangements of natural numbers
are ending up in infinitely many 0's, this diagonal cannot be on the
list of the naturals.

Of course this doesn't work if we do not even agree on the existence
of numbers of infinitely many digits.

--
netzweltler

Date Subject Author
10/29/12
Read listing the mistakes of Cantor and his diagonal argument Chapt28
Summary, Review and Reminders #1210 Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
10/29/12
Read Re: listing the mistakes of Cantor and his diagonal argument Chapt28
Summary, Review and Reminders #1211 Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
10/29/12
Read Re: listing the mistakes of Cantor and his diagonal argument Chapt28
Summary, Review and Reminders #1211 Correcting Math 3rd ed
MoeBlee
10/29/12
Read Re: listing the mistakes of Cantor and his diagonal argument Chapt28
Summary, Review and Reminders #1210 Correcting Math 3rd ed
Zaljohar@gmail.com
10/29/12
Read Reals as All Possible Digit Arrangements forms a rectangle, not a
square Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders #1212 Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
10/29/12
Read Critical Mass Clarity and why Cantor was wrong for the Reals form a
rectangle, never a square Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders #1213
Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
10/30/12
Read Re: Critical Mass Clarity and why Cantor was wrong for the Reals form
a rectangle, never a square Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders #1214
Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
10/30/12
Read Reals as all-possible-digit-arrangements and Rationals as what?
Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders #1215 Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
10/30/12
Read Re: Reals as All Possible Digit Arrangements forms a rectangle, not a
square Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders #1212 Correcting Math 3rd ed
Zaljohar@gmail.com
10/30/12
Read Re: Reals as All Possible Digit Arrangements forms a rectangle, not a
square Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders #1216 Correcting Math 3rd ed
[...]
a square Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders #1216 Correcting Math 3rd
ed
Patricia Shanahan
10/30/12
Read Re: Reals as All Possible Digit Arrangements forms a rectangle, not a
square Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders #1216 Correcting Math 3rd ed
MoeBlee
10/30/12
Read Re: Reals as All Possible Digit Arrangements forms a rectangle, not a
square Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders #1216 Correcting Math 3rd ed
MoeBlee
10/30/12
Read Re: Reals as All Possible Digit Arrangements forms a rectangle, not a
square Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders #1216 Correcting Math 3rd ed
MoeBlee
10/30/12
Read a blunder that both Wikipedia and Zuhair make since the diagonal must
be 45 degrees Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders #1217 Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
10/30/12
Read Re: a blunder that both Wikipedia and Zuhair make since the diagonal
must be 45 degrees Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders #1217 Correcting
Math 3rd ed
MoeBlee
10/30/12
Read Re: a blunder that both Wikipedia and Zuhair make since the diagonal
must be 45 degrees Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders #1217 Correcting
Math 3rd ed
Zaljohar@gmail.com
10/30/12
Read Cantor diagonal can prove that the infinity of the Natural Numbers is
larger than the Natural Numbers Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders #1218
Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
10/30/12
Read Re: Cantor diagonal can prove that the infinity of the Natural
Numbers is larger than the Natural Numbers Chapt28 Summary, Review and
Reminders #1218 Correcting Math 3rd ed
MoeBlee
10/30/12
Read Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders #1219 Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
10/30/12
Read Re: Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders #1219 Correcting Math 3rd ed
MoeBlee
10/31/12
Read if Cantor diagonal is true, Probability theory takes a hit and wound
Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders #1220 Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
10/31/12
Read 1-1 correspondence between Naturals and Reals Chapt28 Summary, Review
and Reminders #1221 Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
10/31/12
Read triumph of a 1-1 correspondence between Naturals and Reals Chapt28
Summary, Review and Reminders #1222 Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
10/31/12
Read Cantor's 1-1 Correspondence of Rationals by Naturals is true Chapt28
Summary, Review and Reminders #1223 Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
10/31/12
Read Re: Cantor's 1-1 Correspondence of Rationals by Naturals is true
Chapt28Summary, Review and Reminders #1223 Correcting Math 3rd ed
Frederick Williams
10/31/12
Read Re: triumph of a 1-1 correspondence between Naturals and Reals Chapt28
Summary, Review and Reminders #1222 Correcting Math 3rd ed
Patricia Shanahan
10/31/12
Read Re: triumph of a 1-1 correspondence between Naturals and Reals
Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders #1225 Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
10/31/12
Read Re: triumph of a 1-1 correspondence between Naturals and RealsChapt28
Summary, Review and Reminders #1225 Correcting Math 3rd ed
Frederick Williams
10/31/12
Read Re: triumph of a 1-1 correspondence between Naturals and Reals Chapt28
Summary, Review and Reminders #1225 Correcting Math 3rd ed
Patricia Shanahan
10/31/12
Read Re: triumph of a 1-1 correspondence between Naturals and Reals Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders #1225 Correcting Math 3rd ed
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway
10/31/12
Read talking about finite and infinite, yet never a borderline Chapt28
Summary, Review and Reminders #1227 Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/1/12
Read Re: talking about finite and infinite, yet never a borderline Chapt28
Summary, Review and Reminders #1228 Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/1/12
Read What is the mental disease in the math community about Borderlines?
Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders #1229 Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/1/12
Read borderline between finite and infinity via a Geography analogy
Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders #1230 Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/1/12
Read Re: borderline between finite and infinity via a Geography analogy
Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders #1230 Correcting Math 3rd ed
Zaljohar@gmail.com
11/1/12
Read why Omega cannot be the borderline number that separates Finite from
Infinite Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders #1232 Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/1/12
Read Re: why Omega cannot be the borderline number that separates Finite from Infinite Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders #1232 Correcting Math 3rd ed
LudovicoVan
11/1/12
Read why Omega cannot be a borderline Chapt28 Summary, Review and
Reminders #1233 Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/1/12
Read Re: talking about finite and infinite, yet never a borderline Chapt28
Summary, Review and Reminders #1228 Correcting Math 3rd ed
Zaljohar@gmail.com
11/1/12
Read two errors of Cantor diagonal Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders
#1231 Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/1/12
Read Re: talking about finite and infinite, yet never a borderline Chapt28
Summary, Review and Reminders #1227 Correcting Math 3rd ed
Patricia Shanahan
11/1/12
Read programming computers with the infinity borderline at pi*10^603
Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders #1236 Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/1/12
Read Re: programming computers with the infinity borderline at pi*10^603
Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders #1236 Correcting Math 3rd ed
Patricia Shanahan
11/2/12
Read Re: talking about finite and infinite, yet never a borderline Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders #1227 Correcting Math 3rd ed
LudovicoVan
11/2/12
Read Re: talking about finite and infinite, yet never a borderline Chapt28
Summary, Review and Reminders #1227 Correcting Math 3rd ed
Patricia Shanahan
11/2/12
Read Re: triumph of a 1-1 correspondence between Naturals and Reals Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders #1225 Correcting Math 3rd ed
LudovicoVan
11/3/12
Read Conjecture & Theorem, if all possible digit arrangements and infinite
then they are a bijection #1239 Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/3/12
Read Re: Conjecture & Theorem, if all possible digit arrangements and
infinite then they are a bijection #1240 Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/3/12
Read Re: Conjecture & Theorem, if all possible digit arrangements and
infinite then they are a bijection #1240 Correcting Math 3rd ed
Patricia Shanahan
11/3/12
Read why Patricia is not a mathematician, maybe a computer programmer,
maybe a politician
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/3/12
Read Re: why Patricia is not a mathematician, maybe a computer programmer,
maybe a politician
Patricia Shanahan
11/3/12
Read Re: why Patricia is not a mathematician, maybe a computer programmer,
maybe a politician
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/3/12
Read Re: why Patricia is not a mathematician, maybe a computer programmer,
maybe a politician
Patricia Shanahan
11/3/12
Read Re: why Patricia is not a mathematician, maybe a computer programmer, maybe a politician
Virgil
11/4/12
Read Re: why Patricia is not a mathematician, maybe a computer programmer, maybe a politician
LudovicoVan
10/31/12
Read Re: if Cantor diagonal is true, Probability theory takes a hit and
[...]
Read Re: if Cantor diagonal is true, Probability theory takes a hit and wound Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders #1220 Correcting Math 3rd ed
JRStern
[...]
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
[...]
Read it is a bijection since it is All Possible Digit Arrangements Chapt28
Summary, Review and Reminders #1224 Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/1/12
Read Re: it is a bijection since it is All Possible Digit Arrangements
Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders #1224 Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/1/12
Read Re: it is a bijection since it is All Possible Digit Arrangements
Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders #1235 Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/1/12
Read Re: it is a bijection since it is All Possible Digit Arrangements
Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders #1224 Correcting Math 3rd ed
netzweltler
11/2/12
Read Cantor destroys Probability theory Re: it is a bijection since it is
All Possible Digit Arrangements Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders #1237
Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/2/12
Read Re: Cantor destroys Probability theory Re: it is a bijection since it
is All Possible Digit Arrangements Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders
#1237 Correcting Math 3rd ed
netzweltler
11/3/12
#1238 Correcting Math 3rd ed
[...]
Read ZFC people accepted a borderline of finite with infinite as being
Omega, but no brains in questioning Omega #1241 Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/3/12
Read Re: ZFC people accepted a borderline of finite with infinite as being
Omega, but no brains in questioning Omega #1241 Correcting Math 3rd ed
netzweltler
11/3/12
Read Re: ZFC people accepted a borderline of finite with infinite as being
Omega, but no brains in questioning Omega #1241 Correcting Math 3rd ed
Zaljohar@gmail.com
11/3/12
Read Re: ZFC people accepted a borderline of finite with infinite as being Omega, but no brains in questioning Omega #1241 Correcting Math 3rd ed
LudovicoVan
11/3/12
Read concept of "multi-precision numbers" and how it relates to infinity
being 10^603 #1244 Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/3/12
Read Calculus demands Infinity borderline be 10^603 #1242 Correcting Math
3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/3/12
Read difference between a Transcendental number and Irrational #1243
Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/4/12
Read Transcendental versus Irrational in New Math #1245 Correcting Math
3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/4/12
Read Calculus demanding that Infinity border be 10^603 due to Weierstrass
Function #1246 Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/4/12
Read sin(1/x) and Weierstrass Function with holes of 10^-603 are
continuous and differentiable #1247 Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/4/12
Read Re: sin(1/x) and Weierstrass Function with holes of 10^-603 are continuous
and differentiable #1247 Correcting Math 3rd ed
Patricia Shanahan
11/4/12
Read the improvement of bijection of Naturals to Rationals and why Cantor
fails again #1248 Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/4/12
Read Cantor was wrong on even his Rational with Natural bijection #1250
Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/4/12
Read SLINKY functions of sin(1/x) and Weierstrass Function #1249
Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/4/12
Read Re: SLINKY functions of sin(1/x) and Weierstrass Function #1249 Correcting
Math 3rd ed
Patricia Shanahan
11/4/12
Read Re: SLINKY functions of sin(1/x) and Weierstrass Function #1249 Correcting
Math 3rd ed
Patricia Shanahan
11/4/12
Read Re: SLINKY functions of sin(1/x) and Weierstrass Function
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/4/12
Read Re: SLINKY functions of sin(1/x) and Weierstrass Function #1251
Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/4/12
Read Not only did Cantor fail with Reals, but failed with Rationals as
infinite set #1252 Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/5/12
Read So the only ordering of Rationals is with a borderline of Infinity
#1253 Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/5/12
Read there is more true math in pixel theory than in all of Cantor's work
on sets #1254 Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/6/12
Read why none of Cantor's work on Rationals and Reals is valid and why
transcendental numbers #1255 Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/6/12
Read summarizing the difference between Old Math and New Math #1256
Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/3/12
Read Re: if Cantor diagonal is true, Probability theory takes a hit and
wound Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders #1220 Correcting Math 3rd ed
Zaljohar@gmail.com
11/3/12
Read Re: if Cantor diagonal is true, Probability theory takes a hit and wound Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders #1220 Co
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
11/1/12
Read Re: if Cantor diagonal is true, Probability theory takes a hit and wound Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders #1220 Co
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
10/31/12
Read Re: if Cantor diagonal is true, Probability theory takes a hit and
wound Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders #1226 Correcting Math 3rd ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/1/12
Read Re: if Cantor diagonal is true, Probability theory takes a hit and wound Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders #1220 Co
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
10/31/12
Read Re: if Cantor diagonal is true, Probability theory takes a hit and
wound Chapt28 Summary, Review and Reminders #1224 Correcting Math 3rd ed