Topic: Polynomials
Replies: 2   Last Post: Oct 29, 2012 10:48 PM

Ken.Pledger@vuw.ac.nz

Re: Polynomials

In article <70e0c438-4280-45c8-aeae-8ebf7c0dea85@googlegroups.com>,
gyansorova@gmail.com wrote:

> Suppose two unknown polynomials B and A can be written as
>
> B/A =N where N is a convergent power series which we know.
>
> and we also know that
>
> B/A = k/D where D is another polynomial and k is a constant (k and D are also
> known).
>
> Can we then find B and A??

Have you mis-typed something? Your conditions mean that N = k/D
where k and D are already polynomials. You could choose B = k and A
= D, or multiply both k and D by any polynomial you liked.

For example, if k = 1 and D = x + 1
so N = 1 - x + x^2 - x^3 + ....
then you could have
B = 1, A = x + 1, or