Topic: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Replies: 48   Last Post: Nov 13, 2012 2:24 PM

kirby urner

Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 4:27 PM, Paul Tanner <upprho@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yet again, you prove me right: You have nothing useful to offer. Your
> "philosophical musings" are utterly useless and meaningless to, for
> instance, homeless people who are suffering *right now* because of
> lack of government that is paid for: Lack of proper food, proper
> shelter, proper health care provided by government to those who need
> it, which has to be paid for. Only that which you condemn - government

On the contrary, I've devoted many total hours to a work / study
program wherein food about to be composted, perfectly good, is rescued
by bike trailer, hauled to kitchens and served to homeless and others.
Healthy fresh vegetarian produce. Wholesome grains. Rain or shine.

This has been going on for years and I've written about it extensively
in my "philosophical musings" (with pictures and everything). This is
concrete, on the ground, and results in people developing skills and a
mind for logistics.

What do you mean by "government" anyway? In a democracy it is of, by
and for the people. I am the government as much as anyone. You can
call it "private charity". I can call it "a government program"
(people giving of their own free will in a voluntary capacity, with no
specific religious denomination running the show).

I am an agent of the people, of the government therefore, doing my
part, in coordination with others, and developing sharable curriculum
from the experience.

I'm not aware that you're doing anything even remotely comparable.
Let us know if I'm wrong.

> action that is paid for, where this mathematical economics you condemn
> provides the road map for its financing - can save those who need
> saving in this regard. (You think private charity can do it? Fact: It
> never has met more than a few percentage points of this need, and this
> is because it cannot meet any more than a few percentage points of
> this need. You do not believe this? Then try to prove otherwise - and
> I will destroy your attempted proof with the mathematical facts that
> you don't know because of your choice to deny the science of
> mathematical economics.)

Right, by definition I'm suddenly banned from knowing these inner
secrets that are yours to know because you are loyal to your phony
phantasms.

How does magically giving the USA indefinitely extensible borrowing
authority as a percentage of a magically rising GDP help those people
in Greece?

Does your thinking extend at all beyond the narrow confines of one
specific nation? No US president could afford to be that narrowly
focused.

We were talking about medical care above, now we're talking about
food. Shelter is yet another topic.

Do you think it's smart to have millions of people leaving perfectly
good homes / apartments empty half the time while they go to well
plumbed office buildings that are then empty half the time as well? I
was writing above about mixed-us skyscrapers. Hotels that start on
the 9th floor, public schools likewise. Boarding schools? Dorms?

Commuting as a way of life is not going to be so affordable or
"convenient" I think we're discovering. Some communities have been
planning for this, others not so much.

As a teacher, I telecommute to work. My car is in the driveway more
than not, although sometimes I chauffeur MVPs around. People in our
city can join a service that gives them access to cars. They use
their cell phones to locate a nearby available vehicles, parked on the
street. Drive them, leave them. A shared fleet. Not taxis.

The amount of food wasted in cities is huge (back to food again).
Much more could be done and more will be done in some cities. I'm
glad to be a part of the solution. We swap personnel around, compare
notes (we'll be doing more of that). E.g, we've been joined by a
Russian emigre recently though she's moving on after some months of
service. Some of our business cards are in Russian.

This is the Global U coming together to take care of food services,
without depending on your poor / broke Uncle Sam (he could clean up
his act and actually help by the way, but so far he seems more like a
meth addict in terms of his level of dysfunctionality, poor slob).

Do I have all the answers? I don't pretend to.

But neither do I pretend that money-minded couch potato "problem
solving" is a substitute for real investment and planning for the
future. I'll take my "musings" (grounded in real practice) over your
pseudo-science any day of the week.

Kirby

Date Subject Author
11/7/12
Read Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
GS Chandy
11/7/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Wayne Bishop
11/7/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/7/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Robert Hansen
11/7/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/7/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Robert Hansen
11/8/12
[...]
11/9/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/9/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
kirby urner
11/9/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/9/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
kirby urner
11/9/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/10/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
kirby urner
11/10/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/10/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
kirby urner
11/11/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/11/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
kirby urner
11/11/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/12/12
[...]
Dave L. Renfro
11/9/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Robert Hansen
11/9/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
GS Chandy
11/11/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Domenico Rosa
11/12/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
GS Chandy
11/13/12