Topic: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a
lecture at college

Replies: 13   Last Post: Nov 11, 2012 1:18 AM

Tom Potter

Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a lecture at college

"Sam Wormley" <swormley1@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On 11/8/12 6:36 PM, CWatters wrote:
>> On 08/11/2012 07:54, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
>>> As far as I know, there is no cell phone with a built in tape
>>> recorder.
>>>
>>> Now I wonder if a tape-recorder is difficult to build into a cell
>>> phone because of the magnetic tape? I am guessing the hard-drive is
>>> itself iron magnetic tape. Now I suppose a tape recorder based on
>>> light as a CD could be an alternative.
>>>
>>> But anyway, it seems as though the technology of the tape recorder has
>>> been left behind or stagnant in the past 2 decades compared to the
>>> camera, computer and telephone.
>>>
>>> Any reason for this stagnation and why no cellphone as a built in tape
>>> recorder.

>> This is a wind up right?
>>

> All iDevices have recording capability... I use mine often.

I have a tiny, $20.00, key chain "SpyCam"
that I use every day to make short clips
of what I did that day.

I also use it to make audio recordings
of thoughts that come to me.

It records video/audio at about 60 meg per minute
thus a 4G flash memory can record about one hour,
which is more than I use in a day.

So every day, I have a recording of my thoughts,
what I did that day, and candid shots I happened to make.

I saw an interesting show on China TV
that showed similar devices being used
to find out what bears did in the woods.

These were low frame rate devices that were powered by
larger batteries, and they could run for days.

They were hidden in tree trunks near animal trails,
watering holes. and feeding places.

--
Tom Potter
http://tom-potter.tel

Date Subject Author
11/8/12
Read why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a
lecture at college
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/8/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record
a lecture at college
CWatters
11/8/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record
a lecture at college
Sam Wormley
11/8/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a lecture at college
Tom Potter
11/9/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a lecture at college
Helmut Wabnig
11/9/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a lecture at college
Tom Potter
11/9/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a lecture at college
Michael Stemper
11/9/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record
a lecture at college
HVAC
11/11/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a lecture at college
Tom Potter
11/9/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a
lecture at college
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/9/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record
a lecture at college
CWatters
11/9/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a
lecture at college
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/8/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a
lecture at college
mark.n.mcallister
11/9/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record
a lecture at college
W. Dale Hall