Topic: lines in Euclidean geometry intersect sometimes in points, sometimes
in empty-space #1266 Correcting Math 3rd ed

Replies: 8   Last Post: Nov 11, 2012 1:58 AM

Bacle H

Re: some posters think sci.math is a chat room

you mean, like this one http://mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?threadID=2413807

> > > If you were my employee in a company, I would fire you on the spot for
>
> > > such a post.

If I was 47 feet tall and came from the 16.5 th dimension, I would

care. But you will never be a boss anywhere; I think an IQ of at least

75 is needed, and that laves you out.

> > > Every post to sci.math should have some information content,

http://mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?threadID=2413807

not your

> > > silly little opinion. The sci. newsgroups should not be a chat room
>
> > > for immature posters. Not be facebook or some twitter droll.
>

> > > So grow up before posting to sci.math
>

> > I was commenting on your (I thought) claim that
>

> >    the possibility that lines that seem to intersect
>
> >    may not do so because of gaps in the lines
>

> > never came up in "old maths".
>

> > I don't understand your use of the word "sick".
>

> > --
>
> > When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by
>
> > this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him.
>
> > Jonathan Swift: Thoughts on Various Subjects, Moral and Diverting
>

> Alright, Frederick, I would not fire you, but scolded you for wasting
>
> a post that had three words of a reply.

Again, plutonium: yours is an opinion of someone who:

1)Has never had a job other than as a dishwasher, let alone an academic job.

2)Has no advanced degrees.

3)Has not had papers published in neither a school paper, an industry journal,

let alone a peer-reviewed journal.

4)Has no ethics.

So your opinion is , really, of little import to anyone.

> If you have something to say in science, say it so that it has some
>
> content worth reading.

http://mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?threadID=2413807

> Your above is a worthwhile reply for it has content and meaning.

Which is more than one can say about ** all your posts put together**

So

> you should improve on your posts to sci newsgroups by filling in more
>
> content and meaning that gives the other person something to respond
>
> to.
>

> Now as for your above, I do not believe Old Math ever considered lines
>
> with holes in them

Wrong as usual.

and that the intersection maybe empty space. At

> least I never saw anyone with writings to that idea. But I never took
>
> a course in Discrete Math, for perhaps someone in math did start the
>
> idea of lines as successive numbers and empty space between.

Big mouth, a lot of talk, before doing any serious research -- this is

yet another reason why your opinion matters so little to , well, anyone.

Question: has anyone ever actually _asked_ for your opinion?

I mean, I'm curious, since you offer your opinion so freely to anyone,

you must , for some reason unknown to me, believe someone, anyone cares

about what you have to say. Would you explain what makes you think anyone

does care about your opinion?

> Of course in Physics that is the normal thought because of quantum
>
> mechanics, but in mathematics the norm is absolute continuity.

Here you embarrass yourself again, and show, yet again, that you have

no idea of what you're talking about, yet you make these categorical

statements before , if ever, bothering to inform yourself.