Topic: how to extract consecutive digits of a known length in a string
Replies: 2   Last Post: Nov 13, 2012 12:33 AM

Doug Schwarz

Re: how to extract consecutive digits of a known length in a string

In article <k7qt7u$t34$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>,
"Ha " <scifiles@126.com> wrote:

> E.g.,
> s = 'xasdf.123456.dkkk';
> s = '342456.xkkd.sdf23.456..dd';
>
> I wanna get the six successive digits from such strings. I guess regular
> expression can handle this problem but don't know how.

regexp(s,'\d{6}','match')

will find six digits in a row, but do you want it to fail if there
happen to be seven? That line will find the first six, but you would
have to do something more elaborate to exclude cases of more than six.

--
Doug Schwarz
dmschwarz&ieee,org