Topic: Dimension of the space of real sequences
Replies: 21   Last Post: Nov 19, 2012 10:22 AM

Jose Carlos Santos

Re: Dimension of the space of real sequences

On 14-11-2012 9:11, Robin Chapman wrote:

>> Can someone please tell me how to prove that the real vector space of
>> all sequences of real numbers has uncountable dimension?

> Consider the sequences
> (1, a, a^2, a^3, ...)
> as a runs through the reals.

Great! Thanks.

Best regards,

Jose Carlos Santos

Date Subject Author
11/13/12
Read Dimension of the space of real sequences
Jose Carlos Santos
11/13/12
Read Re: Dimension of the space of real sequences
Mike Terry
11/14/12
Ken.Pledger@vuw.ac.nz
11/13/12
Read Re: Dimension of the space of real sequences
Virgil
11/14/12
Read Re: Dimension of the space of real sequences
Jose Carlos Santos
11/14/12
Read Re: Dimension of the space of real sequences
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
11/13/12
Read Re: Dimension of the space of real sequences
archimede plutanium
11/14/12
Read Re: Dimension of the space of real sequences
Robin Chapman
11/14/12
Read Re: Dimension of the space of real sequences
David Bernier
11/14/12
Read Re: Dimension of the space of real sequences
Jose Carlos Santos
11/14/12
Read Re: Dimension of the space of real sequences
Robin Chapman
11/14/12
Read Re: Dimension of the space of real sequences
Jose Carlos Santos
11/14/12
Read Re: Dimension of the space of real sequences
quasi
11/14/12
Read Re: Dimension of the space of real sequences
Jose Carlos Santos
11/14/12
Read Re: Dimension of the space of real sequences
W^3
11/15/12
Read Re: Dimension of the space of real sequences
David C. Ullrich
11/15/12
Read Re: Dimension of the space of real sequences
Butch Malahide
11/15/12
Read Re: Dimension of the space of real sequences
W^3
11/18/12
Read Re: Dimension of the space of real sequences
David Bernier
11/19/12