Topic: multi-object interpolate
Replies: 3   Last Post: Nov 16, 2012 9:50 AM

Ha

Re: multi-object interpolate

"Matt J" wrote in message <k83cso$7bq$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Ha" wrote in message <k83b48$j6$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> >
> > Now I have a table of Z1(X,Y) and a table of Z2(X,Y) and I wanna interpolate the values of x and y for given (z1, z2), e.g., providing (z1, z2) = (2.9, 1), (x, y) is expected to be (2.5, 1.5).
> >
> > Any existing function or any solution?

> f=@(xi,yi,Z) interp2(x,y,Z,xi,yi);
>
> out=[f(x,y,Z1), f(x,y,Z2)];

The Z1(X,Y) table and the Z2(X,Y) table are known.

The value of z1 and the value of z2 are known.

The value of x and the value of y corresponding to (z1, z2) are expected to be known.

There could be many groups of (x, y) meeting Z1(x,y) == z1 or Z2(x,y) == z2. But there should be an exclusive group of (x,y) meeting Z1(x,y) == z1 and Z2(x,y) == z2.