Topic: Using Superscripts in Publishing
Replies: 1   Last Post: Nov 20, 2012 2:01 PM

Loren Shure

Re: Using Superscripts in Publishing

"Robert McCarrick" <rob.mccarrick@muohio.edu> wrote in message
> I recently attended a Matlab workshop where the speaker introduced us to
> the publishing capabilities of which I was previously unaware. It's
> really a great feature, but I have one question. Is it possible to use
> superscripts and subscripts in the section titles? I'm a chemist and as
> such would like to put supersripts and subscripts in the documentation for
> the creation of a PDF document.
> Thanks in advance for any help.
> Rob

Hi Rob,

To quote a colleague:

I just tried publishing this:

%% Title $x$
%% Section $x$

It "worked" but the results were pretty unsatisfying. It was OK for PDF, but
pretty bad for HTML.

I tried using the superscript character, like so:

%% Title x²
%% Section x²

This came out great. This won't work for all superscripts, but will for the
most common ones: