Replies: 108   Last Post: Dec 7, 2012 9:25 AM

mahipal7638@gmail.com

Re: Stephen Fry does something no human has ever done before

On Nov 26, 2:53 pm, "Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway"
<LordAndroc...@November2012.org> wrote:
> "Mahipal"  wrote in message

> On Nov 24, 3:52 pm, "Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway"

[trim]

> Ok. 40 +/- 70 is approximate enough to deal with. Btw, I lost my
> Sister to cancer a few years back, I am now older than her age at
> passing. It was very difficult, and still is, especially on our
> Parents. Having lost a child is a very painful experience. Be strong
> and find comfort somehow.
>
> Do ignore all the trolls and evil mongers that are immune from the
> joys and sorrows of being Human.
> I lost my sister to suicide when she was 47. She was never very bright
> and we were never close. Unfortunately I had to insist my nephew went
> to his father when her marriage failed, for the child's benefit. She
> was not really a fit mother.
> My daughter was the complete opposite, loved by all and the life and
> soul of the party, always a smile on her face. Working for a travel agency,
> she went to more places than I did. Even Mickey Mouse came to see her
> at work!http://androcles01.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Wendy/Wendy.htm

It's good you keep them both in your memories.

> Your posting this quote earlier today was is very inspiring:
> "And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is
> unfolding as
> it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him
> to be,
> and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of
> life
> keep peace with your soul. With all its shams, drudgery, and broken
> dreams,
> it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy." --
> Max Ehrmann

[trim]

> > <http://androcles01.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Doolin'sStar.GIF>
> > Two beams are brighter than one if they arrive together.
> > It was Henry Wilson who first noted that delta T differed from delta t to
> > yield an apparent time dilation and compression.
> > So... no cataclysm. No Einstein relativity nonsense either.

> Interesting graph where DT/dt < 0 in certain regions. Can you please
> put values on the parsecs and the time axes, if needed.

> Nope. Newton's three laws don't have values, they are a principle.
> The time could be microseconds or millennia, the distance can be
> millimetres or Mega-light-years. It is likely but by no means certain
> that V 1493 Aql will repeat its phenomenon every 200 years, about
> the same period as Pluto orbits the Sun. We didn't have enough
> observers or telescopes 200 years ago to have seen it before.
> Much closer to home is Algol, that has a period of 70 hours.http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Algol/Algol.htm

If V1493Aql is going to display this brightness curve periodically,
then you should compute this curve for Algol and include it on your
site. This phenomena must be independent of any supernova activity.

> Why do you conclude that this is a elliptical orbit binary system?
> Isn't this the kind of detail Astronomers determine before the Farmers
> keep insisting the rocks really fell out of the sky -- all the while
> getting mocked by the Astronomers?
> A star with a planet is not called a binary system and I didn't.
> However, all planets have elliptical orbits. The Moon has an elliptical
> orbit. The Earth has an elliptical orbit about the barycentre it shares
> with the Moon. That barycentre is a 1000 miles beneath our feet.
> If the mathematics of elliptical orbits were not known no probe would
> ever reach Mars.

Ok, a supernova star with a planet, rather than a binary stellar
system. Actually my knowledge of planetary orbital dynamics is quite
good. Was the V1493Aql planet's orbit already known, pre the double
peaked brightness curve? Or, did you use the twice peaked light curve
to estimate the planet's orbit?

[trim]
> > Am familiar with this fable.
> > The world was flooded when the Northern Ice Cap melted, so Noah built a
> > farm on a boat to save the animals. Such is the nature of fables.
> > Are you familiar with this 2100 year old technology?
> >  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antikythera_mechanism
> > The extremely poor mathematics of the Holy Roman Empire, still extant
> > throughout the world and especially so in the USA, has lost us much from
> > the Greeks, the Persians, the Indians, the Arabs.

> That's a fascinating mechanical device, amazing the Antikythera is
> 2100 years old. Not that age matters much. But wow! I recall I first
> saw it demonstrated, after replication, on a great TV series names
> "What The Ancients Knew" and wondering how come so few shows this
> amazingly good and insightful?!
>
> The resultant extremely poor mathematics is a simple consequence of
> the reality that a Plagiarist is never -- along any direction along
> the time axis -- as thoughtful, insightful, inspired, and talented as
> the Original Thinker.
> You miss my very simple point.
> It is very difficult to teach an adult, let alone a child, that
> MXXIV divided by DXII equals II, 1024/512 = 2 is much easier.
> One before five is IV, one before ten is IX, not VIIII. Order is
> is important, IV is four and VI is six. What then is IVX?
> Four before ten perhaps?

I thought you meant the Romans imitated from the Greeks without fully
grasping the mathematics.

Am very familiar with the limitations of Roman Numerals. Yet, there
had to be some science type Romans wondering, how big a tax an
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...MMMMM might represent. Of course, it seems in
retrospect, he wouldn't have tried multiplying it with 0.

> Mathematics means learning and applying simple and consistent
> rules and the rules of Roman arithmetic are far from simple.
> There were no Roman mathematicians, they were handicapped
> from birth by bad notation. They has no symbol for zero, that was
> an Indian idea and India was beyond the reach of the Roman Empire.
> Greece wasn't, and Greek mathematics died out as a result. Only
> Greek geometry survived.
> Using letters for actual numbers was a BIG mistake, it blocks out
> algebra where x can be any value, not just ten.

Interesting assessment.

[trim]

> > Heck, my Jazzy is faster than walking, all I want is for all pubs not to
> > have steps as it limits my choice.
> >  http://www.pridemobility.com/jazzy/jazzyselect6.asp
> > Trouble is some of them are 900 years old.
> >http://www.caldecottegroup.com/propertydetail.aspx?id=cRhqQTirslI%3D

> In the USA we have nothing old, so I love traveling to Europe and
> India. What could be more charming than having a scotch at a 900 years
> old pub?!

> Indians of the American variety had a Palaeolithic culture, stone tools
> and weapons but no megaliths. Europeans had megaliths 3000 years ago
> and are still savages today.

Thanks for the warning, I shall beware the savages in Europe.

[trim]

> Nobody took and held on to your, or mine, passport. Yet the act
> happens daily to other less fortunate working class people in the
> international realm.
> But legally. Uncle Sam takes your taxes and hold on to it, it should be
> illegal for anyone to steal your money. Yet the act happens daily to
> fortunate business class people in the national realm.
> Hey, let's make taxes voluntary like pledges to PBS. Those that want
> an army to defend everyone should pay for it, those that don't shouldn't
> listen to classical music on the radio. I'm all for this what's legal
> what's illegal argument, we can pay lawyers instead of taxes and if
> that doesn't work the way I want it to, shoot each other.

Let's presume legally, for the sake of faking having faith in fellow
humans.

> > Freedom and rights have very different meanings.
> > Yankees often mistake them, they think they have the right to privacy
> > but they have a Bill of Rights and it's not in there so they don't. Hence
> > technology that lets security guards see through clothes at airports in
> > infra-red or x-ray, but nobody is forced to board a plane.

> I suffer the humiliation inflicted upon travelers because how else to
> get to London in 5 hours flying, plus 8 hours being strip searched,
> than by the engineering feat -- no thank you very much you Liberal
> Arts Physicists -- known as the aeroplane. Looking Indian as I do, no
> feigning required, doesn't provide me any added leniency when forced
> to pass through Customs, the Earth over. Shaving, somehow, always
> seems to convey a sense of more innocent than had I my five o'clock
> shadow.
>
> [trim]
> Two ways to defeat that. One is get a rowing boat, sneak out and in
> again at night, no passport needed. Illegal immigrants try to get into
> Britain on the cross channel ferry to Dover, what they should do is go
> through Ireland or Wales or Scotland, not England.
> It may take more than 5 hours for the crossing.
> The other is get filthy rich and go by your own private plane. Money talks
> and bullshit walks.

Though the rowing would be good exercise for my health, I will not try
that route. A yacht, with full stocked bar, might work. I am working
on making a lot of that filthy rich kind of money. Even then, my
passport is going to be mandatory papers required for traveling. It's
also very likely the rich are hassled plenty and foremost by Customs.
They need to either confiscate that or tax that. The poor have
nothing, hence carry nothing, and use the fast green lane through
Customs.

> -- This message is brought to you from the keyboard of
> Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway

Enjo(y)...
--
Mahipal
http://mahipal7638.wordpress.com/meforce/

Thanks hanson for the summary and advice. Just amazing you followed
the details, and got the attributions right.

Date Subject Author
Sam Wormley
manontheclaphamomnibus
jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com
[...]