Topic: Re: Common-Core Writers Issue Math 'Publishers' Criteria'
Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Common-Core Writers Issue Math 'Publishers' Criteria'

Domenico Rosa posted Aug 9, 2012 9:00 PM:
> According to the article: "It suggests, for instance,
> that elementary math textbooks should be fewer than
> 200 pages in length."
> This in itself is a good start.

(Belatedly), YES indeed!

[See also Domenico Rosa's post titled "The Doorstop-Publishing Mafia", of Nov 20, 2012 2:15 AM, for a specific instance of an elementary school textbook violating the above-noted rule. I'd even suggest that elementary math textbooks should, in general, be less than 150 pages in length].

Message was edited by: GS Chandy