Topic: Coulomb law does charge; Ampere law does spin Chapt13.4.03 Charge
and spin #1025 New Physics #1145 ATOM TOTALITY 5th ed

Replies: 3   Last Post: Nov 23, 2012 4:15 AM

plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com

Charge is fundamental to a particle but spin is a consequence of
motion Chapt13.4.03 Charge and spin #1026 New Physics #1146 ATOM TOTALITY
5th ed

On Nov 23, 1:57 am, Archimedes Plutonium
<plutonium.archime...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, I had too much to eat for Thanksgiving. I saved up some special
> for dinner tonight and ate too much. So looks like I will try to eat
> just cereal for the next two days. I want to try to maintain my 137
> lbs weight that I had in High School, so that means some days of near
> fasting. But enough of that, lets get to important things.
>
> I had to make a detour into the electric motor, the rotor and thanks
> to Tim's responses, I am pretty sure the problem is with the
> Schrodinger Equation gives inaccurate descriptions of the "s"
> orbitals. The Schrodinger Equation gives spherical orbitals to the
> "s", but we all know the Dirac Equation relativizes the Schrodinger
> Equation. It puts the Schrodinger Equation into motion, so that the
> sphere is no longer a adequate description of the "s" orbital. So what
> happens when you put a sphere into motion? What figure comes out?
> Well, easily that a sphere produces when in motion is a cylinder
> shape.
>
> So the "s" orbitals of chemistry should really look like a cylinder
> rather than a sphere. Now the Schrodinger Equation gets a lot of
> elongated ellipses for the p, d, f orbitals. And if we put those into
> the Dirac Equation, it elongates them even more so. The Dirac Equation
> makes orbitals more like wire loops around the nucleus of an atom.
>
> Now I had to be sure that no electric motor or rotor thereof was a
> sphere shaped wire loop. Now I am not saying such a object cannot
> exist or is nonexistent. I am saying that the basic principle of an
> electric motor is based on the cylinder shape.
>
> Now I am getting closer to my goal of relating charge with spin. I am
> centimetering my way there, rather than millimetering my way there.
>
> Since the theme of New Physics is that the Maxwell Equations derives
> all of physics, that the concept of charge and spin must be begotten
> out of the Maxwell Equations. Charge and spin can be primitive
> notions, but then the Maxwell Equations would define charge and spin
> from the laws of the Maxwell Equations.
>
> And that amounts to basically Coulomb law defining charge and the
> Ampere law defining spin.
>
> And the way that works is that the Coulomb law would be a geometry
> effect of opposite charges fitting inside one another as the inverse
> square of distance, whereas like charges repel and cannot fit inside
> one another. So that a proton and electron are nested, concentric
> spheres radiating from the center of an atom, and the electron matches
> every concentric sphere of the proton by composing the inside of that
> sphere surface.
>
> So charge is geometry, of the three types of geometry, Euclidean,
> Elliptic and Hyperbolic.
>
> That leaves us with spin. Spin in essence is the Ampere law which says
> that parallel currents attract one another. It is this law that makes
> electrons pair up in suborbitals and yields the Hund's rule. It is
> [...]

Now the above makes an important distinction between spin and charge.
Charge is a basic property of a particle for it is the geometry of the
particle. But the direction of motion in terms of spin is not a
fundamental property of a particle, but is rather a effect due to the
other particles in the vicinity.

The Coulomb law is the charge law and it is there no matter what other
particles are nearby.

The Ampere law is the spin law, and it is about "direction" of a
particle relative to other particles in the vicinity. Spin is not
inside the particle in question, but is there when there are two
electrons and the question then becomes, what direction are they
moving relative to one another. So spin is a group effect, not an
intrinsic characteristic. So that if two electrons are moving in
antiparallel motion or in parallel motion then they each have a spin
because their motion demands a spin. But if electrons are in isolation
of one another, they have no spin, for they do not attract or repel
each other.

So charge brings the Coulomb law into existence, not the other way
around. And where Ampere's law brings spin into existence, and not the
other way around.

For example, if we bring two water molecules close together, they have
residual charges to affect one another, but they do not have residual
spins to affect one another.

So when we talk about the photon or electron or proton or neutrino and
ask for the spin, is a rather ridiculous question to ask since neither
of those particles is in a state of motion surrounded by other
particles to make a Ampere law thereof. An electron by itself can have
a spin of +1/2 or -1/2 or 0 spin, but when in a special setting of an
electron in a helium atom, then it is an electron in parallel motion
and thus has a spin.

So charge is a basic property of a particle but spin is a conglomerate
affect on a particle.

Google's New-Newsgroups censors AP posts and halted a proper
archiving of author, but Drexel's Math Forum does not and my posts
in archive ?form is seen here:

Archimedes Plutonium
http://www.iw.net/~a_plutonium