Topic: Why is Matlab using such a small percentage of my CPU load?
Replies: 2   Last Post: Nov 26, 2012 8:59 AM

Michael Levin

Re: Why is Matlab using such a small percentage of my CPU load?

"Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma@12000.org> wrote in message <k8o5oh$2ug$1@speranza.aioe.org>...
> On 11/23/2012 9:29 AM, Michael Levin wrote:
> Most likely the cpu monitor you are looking at shows CPU for a process
> based on over all number of cores. i.e. all cores add to 100%.
> So, If a process, like Matlab, is using one core at 100%, and you have
> say 10 cores, then this one process will show up as using only 10% of
> the overall available CPU.

I see. Thanks! I only have 4 cores, and it was using less than 25%. I don't want to get into heavy parallelizing, just wanted it to use 100% of one core. Does it do this by default or is there some way to tell it to go ahead and use one CPU core fully?

Mike